WARNING: As we are experiencing during kexecboot development, the 2.4 kernels look for the bootparams in an old deprecated way/location. They just ignore the cmdline passed by kexec and default to the precompiled value. Result: the mtdparts are not correct Test: Cacko flashed on nand recognizes the params, booted from SD defaults to precompiled 30mb (on SL-C860) instead of the 19MB resized real size
Result: the mtdparts are not correct
Test: Cacko flashed on nand recognizes the params, booted from SD defaults to precompiled 30mb (on SL-C860) instead of the 19MB resized real size
This is a short guide to help the people to install Cacko and Angstrom at the same time in the Sharp Zaurus.
Why? Angstrom is a great distribution to develop and use new software, but sometimes it doesn't work. On the other side, Cacko is one of the best ROM's for the Sharp Zaurus, everything "just works" but it is old software.
Having both at the same time gives to us the best of both worlds.
This guide is valid for the Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100 and SL-C3200. Only these two models are valid because these are the only ones with big flash and hard disk.
These are the steps:
Install a fresh Cacko (as described here) on your Zaurus. Beware! It should be a fresh Zaurus install, I tried that with a configured NAND copy but it didn't work.
- However, the default Cacko partition sizes are too small for Angstrom, so make them big enough. I made hda1 (Angstrom root) 500Mb, hda2 (/home) 900 Mb and hda3 2.3 Gb (/media/hdd) leaving a bit for swap.
- Boot Cacko to check that is correctly installed.
- Boot Angstrom.
- You can now restore both .sys in hda1 and hda2 to have a flawless Cacko boot. 
- On the Cacko zip, look for tools.tar
- Inside tools.tar there is a kernel-SL-3X00 folder, where a zImage.bin resides.
- Copy this zImage.bin to your hard disk ( i.e. /home/root/zImage.bin)
- From now on, whenever you want to boot Cacko: kexec -f /home/root/zImage.bin from Angstrom (kexec is located in /usr/sbin)
 Download the file SLC3200SYSPART.zip from http://www.trisoft.de/en_c3200howto.htm Put the contents of hdd1sys in /.sys and the contents of hdd2sys in /home/.sys