This page will list the goals we have for Ångström with a preliminary roadmap
The metadata used to build a release will live in a branch (e.g. org.angstrom-distribution.release.2007-1). It should only contain tested recipes. We can achieve that, and being able to merge with org.oe.dev by doing something like this:
cd packages mkdir untested mtn mv -e * untested mtn mv -e untested/<known good stuff> .
- have a testsuite document that has a checklist for machine mentors
Ångström machine support
- A development kit, to make it easier for developers to recompile software to target this platform and distribution.
We already have that: OpenEmbedded. And we even have a scratchbox rootstrap if you swing that way.
- Release a binary SDK (built using OE for example) as this is something people seem to want -lardman
- Easy install instructions/meta ipk for the native toolchain -lardman
- Make usermanuals including screenshots/console-dumps on how to perform basic tasks
Working GUI installation tools -lardman
An AngstromuClibc port
- Support to install/run from secondary storage (i.e. memory card) as standard distro feature. Reflashing should be really for confirmed users, not the requirement to just try the distro.
- ship with a simple firewall by default
- Fix remote login so that people running on NSLU2 and other headless devices can login over SSH with null password after install
- More aggressive stripping?
investigate prelink -> largerly workig
busybox 'ps' -> procps
- make autologin the default for GPE/xfce/e/whatever
- qvga X: mb-wm, mb-panel, mb-desktop
- vga: choice of wm, mb-panel/fb-panel, mb-desktop
- tango iconset for every environment
- psplash - change logo
vertical panel, left/right -> option
- fix xrandr-panelapp.sh
- use hardware cursor for calibration
- check checkroot.sh