This describes a way in which small nuggets of context-less information (e.g. how long since last user input, how long since last data connection, etc) can be utilised to provide Conceptual Layers, available to all applications (local + authenticated remote).
The aims are:
- To provide a coherent experience to the user regardless of the application used.
- To reduce redundancy between applications.
- To provide developers with a simple yet robust API.
- To provide hooks for additional languages (compiled and interpreted)
- To enable Conceptual Layers to be constructed intuitively across networked (and periodicly networked) instances.
This sounds a lot like Dbus.